Experienced leaders know that it takes a lot more than simple clichés and easy answers to allow an organization to thrive. To lead, they must be willing to wrestle with competing values and tackle chronic issues head on. A powerful way to make this happen is through utilizing a set of principles and tools called Polarity Management.
This is a straightforward and insightful way to understand and succeed in mastering some of life’s most complex problems, also known as polarities, paradoxes, or dilemmas. Polarity Management offers a “both/and” perspective that compliments the “either/or” viewpoint of traditional problem solving, to provide an alternative for those who strive to rise above mediocrity and gain a sustainable competitive advantage.
This interactive workshop equips participants with the fundamentals of Polarity Management, the appreciation of how polarities work, and the steps for managing them well over time. The objective is to supplement participants’ thinking and improve their effectiveness in addressing the “5 C’s” - Complexity, Change, Conflict, Communication and Chronic Issues.
In this workshop you will:
- • Challenge unproductive and limiting mindsets
- • Differentiate between problems to solve and polarities to manage
- • Understand the importance of managing polarities in complex times
- • Map polarities and predict their movement
- • Create action plans to capitalize on the energy of conflicting values
- • Avoid unwarranted conflict while learning to benefit from healthy opposition
You can download a printable PDF of the Program Information on this page.
Pricing starts at $2500.00 per program. Pricing is negotiable for qualified not-for-profit and charitable organizations.
Logistics & Details
- • Programs can be designed for groups of all sizes
- • Programs are fully transportable and can be delivered practically anywhere
- • Programs are tailored to ensure an appropriate organizational fit and to maximize desired outcomes
- • Programs can be designed for intact teams, mixed groups (meetings, conferences, events), and management or leadership development
To book a program, contact Tim Arnold at 905-228-1223 or email email@example.com
Overcome Complexity and Chronic Issues
Gain an ability to distinguish between problems that are inherently solvable and finite, and those that are both unsolvable and unavoidable.
Manage Change and Conflict
Reduce wasted time and money spent in non-productive conflict and decisions that will result in “failed fixes”. (The Fifth Discipline, 1990, Peter Senge).
Foster Communication and Collaboration
Gain a competitive advantage by utilizing the best thinking from opposing viewpoints. (Built To Last, 1994, Collins and Porras).
About Conflicting Cliches »
Scroll Left or Right above for more clichés!
These “conflicting clichés” demonstrate the difference between part truth and the whole truth. Each cliché is full of wisdom and insight; however, if embraced without it’s complimentary opposite, it will inevitably lead to failure down the road.
Tim and I have worked together in a variety of settings from the International Atomic Energy Agency of the United Nations in Austria to a group of church leaders in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Tim is well grounded in Polarity Management™ and brings a rich combination of head and heart to his work. Both bright and caring, Tim brings to clients solid, practical experience in applying Polarity Management™ in a variety of settings. I strongly recommend Tim as a resource for those wanting to learn how to tap our wonderful gift of polarities.
Barry Johnson, President and Founder
Polarity Management™ Associates